Blog Post #6
- Author- MTV
- Title- We stand with @iiswhoiis. Learn more at mtv.com/news. #FreeKesha
- Publication- MTV’s Instagram account
- Web address- https://www.instagram.com/p/BCGSTu6H9Hb/?taken-by=mtv
- Asset- Instagram photo of Kesha
- Summary- MTV showed their support of Kesha by using linguistic and visual models, which included the design choices like contrast and proximity. By MTV posting a photo of the artist with the caption “We stand with Kesha” and using the hashtag #FreeKesha, the company is obviously supporting Kesha.
- Author- Lena Dunham
- Title- Why Kesha’s Case Is About More Than Kesha
- Publication- Lenny Letter
- Web address- http://www.lennyletter.com/politics/a275/why-keshas-case-is-about-more-than-kesha/
- Asset- A snippet a very important and powerful paragraph from Lena’s blog.
- Summary- By using a portion of Lena’s blog post, her written worlds will perfectly describes Kesha’s issue and the issue with music contracts, in general.
- Author- Lady Gaga
- Title- Free Kesha
- Publication- Lady Gaga’s Instagram account
- Web address- https://www.instagram.com/p/BCL9_ibJFLG/?taken-by=ladygaga
- Asset- Lady Gaga’s Instagram photo of Kesha and herself.
- Summary- Similar to MTV, Lady Gaga showed her support of Kesha by using a visual model, including emphasis and proximity. Lady Gaga’s photo shows that her, along with other celebrities, agree with Kesha’s decision to break her contract with Sony.
- Author- James Griffiths
- Title- Luke breaks his silence, denies Kesha’s allegations of rape and abuse
- Publication- CNN
- Web address- http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/23/entertainment/dr-luke-twitter-kesha/
- Asset- The video clip of Kesha singing “Amazing Grace.”
- Summary- This multimodal text uses the aural, gestural, visual, and linguistic mode. Since it is a video, it really focuses on Kesha’s beautiful singing voice and her choice of song so her fans will be inspired to fight with her.
- Author- Maura Johnston
- Title- Kesha and Dr. Luke: Everything You Need to Know to Understand the Case
- Publication- Rolling Stones
- Web address- http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/kesha-and-dr-luke-everything-you-need-to-know-to-understand-the-case-20160222
- Asset- The picture of a group of Kesha’s fans protesting outside of Sony Music Headquarters.
- Summary- This picture uses the visual mode to show that Kesha’s fans support her during this tough time. This picture shows Kesha’s fans holding up signs and expressing their frustrations throughout their facial expressions and body gestures.
- Asset- Fair Use. The work is being used for educational purposes and commentary. Also using only a small portion of MTV’s Instagram account.
- Asset- Fair use. Hearst or Hearst licensors owns all content; however, a small amount of information can be used for educational purposes.
- Asset- Fair use. The working is being used for educational purposes, also I am only analyzing one photo out of Lady Gaga’s 1,900 photos on her Instagram account.
- Asset- Fair use. Rolling Stones allows readers to use a small portion of their work for non-commercial use, such as for education purposes or commentary.
- MTV (MTV). “We stand with @iiswhoiis. Learn more at mtv.com/news. #FreeKesha.” February 2016. Instagram
Source 2: Dunham, Lena. “Why Kesha’s Case Is About More Than Kesha.” Lenny Letter. 23 Feb. 2016. Web. <http://www.lennyletter.com/politics/a275/why-keshas-case-is-about-more-than-kesha/>.
- Lady Gaga (ladygaga). “Free Kesha.” February 2016. Instagram
- Griffiths, James. “#FreeKesha: Dr. Luke Denies Accusations of Rape, Abuse.” CNN. 23 Feb. 2016. Web. <http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/23/entertainment/dr-luke-twitter-kesha/>.
- Johnston, Maura. “Kesha and Dr. Luke: Everything You Need to Know to Understand the Case.” Rolling Stone. 22 Feb. 2016. Web. <http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/kesha-and-dr-luke-everything-you-need-to-know-to-understand-the-case-20160222>.